Friday, January 15, 2021

Pearlized "Friends are Like Seashells"


 Living in the desert I love anything to do with the sea!  Spending time by the ocean is a real treat for me!  When my Grandson was younger he and I use to watch National Geographic and one of our favorite weeks was shark week.  We both loved learning about all the creatures in the sea!  So when I saw the Friends are Like Seashells stamp set by Stampin Up® it was on my wish list!  This set comes in the Sand and Sea Suite which includes dies, embossing folder, Designer Series Paper, Opal Round Embellishments and a specialty Pearlescent Paper.

I love Pearlescent anything and I as was looking at our Demo site for Stampin UP® one of the Demo's "Linda Heller" showed a way to make any cardstock Pearlescent.  She just so happen to be working with the Seashells Embossing folder.  I love it so had to use this technique to make a card.  Hope you like the end result.

Here are the instructions:

Cuts and Card Base - 

Card Base - Sahara Sand - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4

Layer 1 - Mint Macaron - 4 x 5 1/4

Layer 2 - Pearlescent Specialty Paper - 2 x 4

Layer 3 - Very Vanilla - 2 x 3

Layer 4 - Very Vanilla - 4 x 5 1/4

Instructions:

  1. Layer 1 - Using Frost White Shimmer paint and a Blending Brush, blend the Shimmer paint over the entire service of the sheet.  Set aside to dry.
  2. - Once it is dry then run through the Seashells 3D embossing folder.
  3. - Wrap the Linen thread around a couple of time and tie a knot. (I placed it about 1 1/2 inches from the bottom edge)
  4. - Adhere to the front of the card base.
  5. Layer 2 - Using Sahara Sand ink stamp a sea dollar, 3 small clam shells and a star fish.  You will want to set aside until the ink has a little time to dry before cutting out the images.
  6. - Then using the Seaside Seashells dies run through the die cutting machine.
  7. - Using Multipurpose Liquid glue adhere the dies to the card front as shown.
  8. Layer 3 - Using Sahara Sand ink stamp the sentiment.
  9. - Then using the speckled stamp image stamp around the edges as shown.
  10. - Using the Detailed Trio Punch round the corners. 
  11. - Apply Stampin Dimensionals to the back of the Sentiment Label and adhere it to the card front straddling the Linen Thread. 
  12. Layer 4 - Using Mint Macaron ink stamp the shell image in the lower right hand corner full strength then 2nd generation and 3rd generation stamp two more shells as shown. 
  13. - Stamp the sentiment in Sahara Sand ink as shown.
  14. - Adhere to the inside of the card.
  15. To finish card front add the Opal Rounds as shown. 
Hope you enjoy this card and try the Pearlescent technique on some different colors of cardstock.  It will get your creative juices going and who knows what you will create!

Don't forget to add your email to my "Follow Me" section so that you will be notified each time I add a new card to my Blog!

I love hearing from anyone who visits my blog so please take a minute and leave me comment and let me know what you think of this card!  Especially leave me a comment if you try it out!

Below you will find a list of supplies I used to make this card.  If you find you need anything on the list just click on any of the pictures and you will be directed to my store.

I would love to be your Stampin Up® demonstrator if you don't already have someone you are working with.

Product List



No comments:

Post a Comment