Thursday, January 28, 2021

Flowering Cactus "Simple Stampin"

Welcome to my blog today!  It's been awhile since I have done a simple stamping card so I thought I'd get one done!  Living in the Southwest I have come to appreciate cactus and when I saw this Product Medley by Stampin UP® I of course had to have it!  The Cactus images are great!

For this card I used the Flowering Cactus Stamp set which is part of the Flowering Cactus Product Medley.  I added in some card stock and ink along with the linen thread that is part of the Product Medley and Poof you have a card!  This card is quick and easy to do!

Check out this video I did on the whole Product Medley with instructions for this card!

https://www.facebook.com/StampinJulieBrown/videos/223027589292428

I am also including the step by step written instructions below:

Cuts and Card Base -

Card Base - Calypso Coral - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4

Layer 1 - Mossy Meadow - 4 1/8 x 5 3/8

Layer 2 - Basic White - 4 x 5 1/4

Layer 3 - Basic White - 4 x 5 1/4

Step by Step Instructions

  1. Layer 1 - Adhere to card front.
  2. Layer 2 - You will be stampin several of the cactus images as well as the flowers.  The cactus images you will be stamping off the page.  For the largest cactus (Golden Barrel) I used Mossy Meadow Ink, For the smaller cactus (Indian Fig) I used Pear Pizzaz Ink, for the flowers I used Calypso Coral Ink and Highland Heather Ink. Note: Figure out where you want your sentiment and do not stamp cactus there or better yet you can add your sentiment first then stamp all other images around it! I stamped the sentiment in Black Memento Ink.
  3. Wrap both of the Linen threads around the top sections of  Layer 2 tie a bow, then adhere to the card front. 
  4. Layer 3 - Stamp the (Indian Fig) cactus in the lower right hand corner in Pear Pizzaz Ink, then using a post it note cover the cactus and stamp a small flower in Highland Heather as shown.  
  5. Stamp the sentiment in Black Memento Ink.  Then adhere to the inside of the card!

As you can see this card goes together so fast!  Just add some card stock and you have a beautiful card full of Cactus!  One of the great things about purchasing a Product Medley is all you have to add is cardstock and ink! 

Supply List: (If you need any supplies just click on any of the pictures below to purchase)
Product List






 

No comments:

Post a Comment