Thursday, January 14, 2021

Flowering Cactus Product Medley by Stampin Up - Building a Cactus Garden

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  I live in the southwest so I love any stamp set that includes cactus!  I was so excited when I saw the new Flowering Cactus Product Medley by Stampin Up®  Not only does it have the stamp set but it includes matching dies, Designer Series Paper, linen thread and die cut felt sheets.  Just add some ink and you are ready to create some fun and beautiful cards!

One of the neat things about this Product Medley is that the Dies actually fit one of the Designer Series Paper.  That is what I used for this card.  It makes putting the card together really fast and easy.  I did cut out several images ahead of time so that when I was ready all I had to do was build my little cactus garden.

Below is video link for this card and one other that I did with this Medley.  You will also find step by step instructions below!


https://www.facebook.com/StampinJulieBrown/videos/223027589292428

Cuts and Card Base - (DSP = Designer Series Paper)

Card Base - Highland Heather - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4

Layer 1 - Flowering Cactus DSP - 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 

Layer 2 - White - 2 1/2 x 4 1/4

Layer 3 - Mossy Meadow - (2) 1/2 x 4 1/4 

Layer 4 - Flowering Cactus DSP - sheet with matching images for dies

Layer 5 - Mint Macaron - Scrap

Layer 6 - White - 4 x 5 1/4

Instructions:

  1. Layer 1 - Adhere to card front.
  2. Layer 2 - Adhere onto Layer 1 centering top to bottom.   Using Black Memento ink stamp sentiment just off center to the left. 
  3. Layer 3 - Adhere onto Layer 1 one flush to the top of Layer 2 and one flush to the bottom of Layer 2.
  4. Layer 4 - Using the Flowering Cactus Dies cut out the entire page of images.   
  5. Layer 5 - Using the Flowering Cactus Dies cut out a Cactus. Then build your Cactus Garden onto Layer 2 as shown.  I did pop up a three of the smaller flower cactus.
  6. Layer 6 - Adhere one of the Highland Heather flower cactus dies in the lower right hand corner hanging some of it off.  Then trim to fit corner.  Then using Black Memento ink stamp sentiment onto center of sheet. 
  7. Adhere to the inside of the card!

I hope you enjoyed this card!  It was a lot of fun to create!  Another thought is that this Product Medley would go really well with the Simply Succulents bundle!  Don't forget to add your email to the follow me section to the right and you will be notified each time I post a new card to this blog!  Please leave me a comment below and let me know what you think!

Supplies used:  (To order just click on any of the pictures)
Product List








 

No comments:

Post a Comment