Saturday, September 25, 2021

Textures & Frames Design a background!

I'm so glad that you stopped by my blog today!  Here is yet another card in my Textures & Frames series working with shapes.  I got this idea from Laura Mackie to design an entire background!  I loved her colors but really wanted to use some of the Stampin Up® 2021-2023 In colors.  I was very pleased with the outcome!

For this card I brought in the Stitched So Sweetly dies and the Pansy Patch stamp set for the sentiments!

This background looks a lot harder than it is!  Once you get the pattern down it goes really quick!

Below are the card cuts, instructions, supply list and link to the video I did with all the cards in this series!

Card cuts:

Card Base - Evening Evergreen - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4

Layer 1 - Basic White - 4 x 5 1/4


Layer 2 - Evening Evergreen - 2 x 3

Layer 3 - Fresh Freesia - 1 3/4 x 2 3/4

Layer 4 - Basic White - 1 x 2

Layer 5 - Basic White - 4 x 5 1/4

Instructions:

1.  Layer 1 - Using the following inks stamp in the pattern shown:
  • Fresh Freesia, Evening Evergreen and Pale Papaya
2.  Layer 2 - Using the Stitched Rectangle Dies cut out a Matte.

3.  Layer 3 - Using the Stitched Rectangle Dies again cut out the next matte.




4.  Layer 4 - Using Evening Evergreen ink stamp the sentiment from the Pansy Patch stamp set.
  • Then cut out using the Stitched Rectangle Dies
  • Now adhere all the mattes together as shown.
  • Using Mini Glue Dots adhere the ribbon as shown
  • Using Stampin Dimensionals adhere the sentiment mattes over the ribbon as shown.
5.  Layer 5 - Stamp pattern along the bottom edge as shown
  • Stamp the sentiment using the Pansy Patch stamp set in Evening Evergreen as shown
  • Adhere to the inside of the card!
I hope you like this version of this design!  I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment below!

Supply List:  To order just click on any of the pictures below! (Remember the Textures & Frames stamp set is a Sale A Bration item and only available free with a minimum purchase of $50 through September 30, 2021) 
Product List
                    This card starts at the 38:35 minute mark!

Don't forget if you'd like to be notified each time I add a new card just add your email to the right under the "Follow Me" section!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment