Monday, September 6, 2021

Scraps to Stunning Cards using Embossing Folders "In the Wild" - Series 2

 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  This is card 2 in my Scraps to Stunning series.

One of the ways that I make these cards have an extra little pop is to use Embossing folders with them.  For this card I was able to use one of the Stampin Up® suites "In the Wild" because it is one of the suites that includes an embossing folder!

I also pulled in a couple of sentiment stamp sets and a banner punch. 

I really love the way this one turned out!  Of course I love animals so any card with an animal is always going to be one of my favorites.

Below you will find the card cuts, instructions, supply list and Video link for this card.

Don't forget to add your email to the right under the "Follow me" section so you will be updated each time I add a new card!

You might also enjoy my newsletter with tips, tricks and upcoming events just subscribe!

Card cuts: DSP = Designer Series Paper

Card Base - Evening Evergreen - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4

Layer 1 - Basic White - 4 x 5 1/4

Layer 2 - Various scraps from the In the Wild DSP-
     - You will want some strips that are 1/2", 3/4" wide and 1" wide.
    
Layer 3 - Cut out of Tiger laying down from the "In the Wild DSP"

Layer 4 - Pre stamped sentiment "Many Happenings"

Layer 5 - Scrap of Evening Evergreen - 1/2 x 2 1/4

Layer 6 - Basic White - 4 x 5 1/4

Layer 7 - In the Wild DSP - 1/2 x 5 1/4

Instructions:

1. Layer 1 & 2 - You will be adding your strips from Layer 2 to this sheet.
  • First -  Once you figure out how long you want your strips then cut them down using the Banner Pick a Punch and punch one end of each strip. 
  • Layer as desired
  • Once you have all your strips on Layer 1 then run through the Animal Print Embossing Folder.
  • Adhere to the front of the card base as shown
2. Layer 3 - Fuzzy cut out one of the Tigers from the DSP
  • Using Dimensionals adhere to the lower right hand corner of Layer 1 as shown. 
3.  Layer 4 - Adhere the pre-stamped sentiment from the "Many Happenings stamp set" to Layer 5.

4. Layer 5 - Adhere both to the card front on the lower left hand corner as shown.

5. Layer 6 - Using the "In Your Words" stamp set and Evening Evergreen ink stamp the sentiment as shown.
  • Adhere to the inside of the card.
6. Layer 7 - Adhere to the bottom edge of Layer 6.

All done!  I hope you like the finished card!  I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment below and let me know what you think of this card!

Supply List:
Product List






No comments:

Post a Comment