Thursday, September 2, 2021

Scraps to Stunning Cards with Embossing Folders - Simply Elegant - Series 1

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!   I don't know about you but I have a ton of scrap designer series paper.  I think it multiplies all on its own!  It can seem overwhelming each time I open the draw and see how much I have.  

So I decided I would do a series of cards made from my scrap bin.

For this card I used the scraps I had leftover from my Simply Elegant Designer Series Paper by Stampin Up®.  This is beautiful paper and I could not bring myself to throw any of it away.  So I had to come up with a design to use this beautiful paper!

Below I will list the card cuts, intructions, supply list and a link to a video showing you how I put it all together.

Card Cuts - DSP = Designer Series Paper

Card Base - Basic Black 51/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
Layer 1 - Basic White - 4 x 5 1/4
Layer 2 - (3) Scraps - different designs from Simply Elegant DSP cut into 1 x 1 squares. 
              - First Design - 6-8 squares
              - Second Design - 6-8 squares
              - Third Design - 16 - 18 squares
Layer 3 - Basic Gray - 1 x 4
Layer 4 - Precut sentiment
Layer 5 - Copper Foil Scrap
Layer 6 - Basic White - 4 x 5 1/4

Instructions:



1. Pre cut all your squares

2. Place your first square onto Layer 1 in the center top edge facing it so that it is a diamond shape as shown.
  • Now you will just lay all other squares forming diamonds leaving just a little space in between as shown. (See video for more exact instructions)
  • Once you have all of your full squares on you will turn over and trim off any overhanging pieces.
3.  Now using a embossing folder (I used the Tasteful Textile 3D Folder) Run through the Stamp N Cut machine.  (This gives it an extra measure of dimension)
  • Adhere to card front
4. Using Stampin Dimensionals adhere the Layer 3 to card front about 2 5/8" from top edge of Layer 1.

5. Layer 4 - Using a pre cut sentiment from the Many Happenings stamp set/Messages Dies.  
  • Adhere ribbon to Layer 3 as shown then
  • Adhere to Layer 3 using dimensionals.

6.  Layer 5 - Using the Iconic Dies cut out the three small flower from the copper scrap and adhere to end of label as shown. ( did use mini dimensionals on the top flowers)

7. Layer 6 -  Using the Elegantly Said stamp set stamp the flower and sentiment as shown in Versa mark ink.
  • Cover with Copper embossing powder
  • Heat up with Heat Tool
  • Adhere to inside of card
Here is the  video link at the bottom!  There are four cards all together on the video this one starts at the 51:31 mark. 



Supply List: Note: I used scraps for this card but I have included the DSP if you don't have it and would like to make this card.  To order any supplies just click on any of the pictures below. 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment