Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Hand-Penned Matted Card

Thanks for stopping by today!  So many times when I'm creating I forget that when you use matting on cards it gives them texture and dimension.  

What is matting?  It's when you use solid cardstock to create a matte behind the Designer Paper or Stamped Image to highlight that area of the card!

Here's a great example.  On this card I used this technique a couple of times to help highlight different areas on the card. I matted each of the Designer Series Papers and then matted the Cut out flower!  See how those black mattes make this card pop!

This is a fun technique to experiment with and see all the different combinations you can put together.  I have even just used cardstock behind cardstock to give that pop to cards that I'm not using any Designer Series Paper on.  

For this card I used the Hand-Penned Suite once again! This suite includes the Hand-Penned Bundle (Stamp set and dies), Hand-Penned Designer Series Paper, and Genial Gems.  I also brought in a sentiment stamp set "Through it Together" and some Mint Macaron Ribbon. 

 (Don't forget to check past and future blogs I always do a series with each suite that I showcase)

To make it easier to see the cards as I post them just add your email to the right under the "Follow Me" section and you will be emailed each time I add a new card to my post!

Here are the card cuts, instructions and Supply list for this card!

Card Cuts - DSP = Designer Series Paper

Card Base - Thick Basic White - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4

Layer 1 - Basic Black - 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 scored at 4 1/4

Layer 2 - Hand-Penned DSP - 4 x 5 1/4

Layer 3 - Basic Black - 3 1/4 x 3 1/4

Layer 4 - Hand-Penned DSP - 3 x 3

Layer 5 - Basic Black - 2 1/2 x 2 1/2

Layer 6 - Basic White - 3 x 3 (Flower)

Layer 7 - Basic Black - 3/4 x 2 3/4

Layer 8 - Hand-Penned DSP - 1/2 x 4 1/4

Instructions:

1. Layer 1 - Adhere to the card front.

2. Layer 2 - Wrap ribbon around bottom edge about 5/8" from bottom edge.

  • Adhere to Layer 1 on the card front.

3. Layer 3 - Adhere to card front 1/4" from top edge of layer 2 and 3/8" from right side.

4. Layer 4 - Adhere to Layer 3 on the card front centering.

5. Layer 5 - Adhere to Layer 4 on card front centering.

6. Layer 6 - Using Black memento ink stamp the flower image.

  • Then color in with Stampin Blends, I used Fresh Freesia, Daffodil Delight and Mint Macaron.
  • Using the Penned Flowers Dies cut out flower.
  • Adhere to Layer 5 on the card front at a slight angle.
7. Layer 7 - Using versa mark ink, stamp the sentiment.
  • Then cover with White embossing Powder, tap off excess powder.
  • Heat with Heat Tool
  • Adhere to the ribbon on the card front centering. 
8. Layer 8 - Adhere to the inside of the card along the bottom edge.

9.  Using Black Memento ink and the "Through it Together" Stamp set, stamp the sentiment onto the center of the inside of the card as shown.

All Done! - If you ever have a question on anything please contact me!  I'd love to hear from you.  You could also post your question in the comments below and I will answer once I see it!

Below is a list of supplies that I used to make this project.  If you'd like to purchase any of the products just click on the pictures and you will be taken to my online store!
(Note:  I always list the suite first, then I list the individual products used to make the card.  Sometimes it just easier to order the suite especially if I've used the entire suite to create the card)
Product List




 

No comments:

Post a Comment