Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Bling and Hats Off by Stampin Up®

So glad you dropped by today!  Do you have ladies or girls in your life that wear hats all the time?  I do! 

 When I initially saw the Hats Off bundle I thought of all the masculine cards I could make with this set and I went to work creating cards.

Then I saw a hat at my daughters house that she wears frequently that was all jazzed up and I got the inspiration to do this card!

I chose to do it using our purple families as I have several of my current friends and customers that are in love with purple.  So this card is for all the purple lovers out there!

I also used the new Spiral Dye Stamp to create the design on the hat!

I hope you enjoy this card and please leave me a comment below!  I love to hear from all of you!

Oh and don't forget to add your email to the right under the "Follow Me" section to be notified when I post a new card to my blog!

Card cuts - Instructions and Supply List -

Card Cuts - DSP = Designer Series Paper

Card Base - Thick Basic White - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4

Layer 1 - Hand-Penned DSP - 4 x 5 1/4

Layer 2 - Highland Heather - 3 1/2 x 4

Layer 3 - Basic White - 3 x 4 (Hat)

Layer 4 - Basic White - 1 x 5 1/4

Layer 5 - Highland Heather - 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 (Inside)

Layer 6 - Basic White - 4 x 5 1/4 (Inside)

Instructions:

1. Layer 1 - Adhere to front of card base.

2. Layer 2 - Adhere to Layer 1 1/8" from top and right edges.

3. Layer 3 - Using the Hat Builder Dies cut out the large hat.

  • Then using the Spiral Dye Stamp, Stamp first in Gorgeous Grape ink, then turn hat 180 degrees and stamp again using Highland Heather ink.
  • you should have enough of the white leftover to now stamp the "Life is Great" stamp, using Highland Heather ink then cut out with the Hat Builder Dies as well. 
  • Adhere this to the hat as shown.
  • Set hat aside until you have stamped and adhered Layer 4.
4. Layer 4 - Stamp sentiment using Highland Heather ink towards the left side then adhere to the card front about 3/4" from bottom edge. 

5. To adhere the hat I usually run my finger along the brim to help it curve.  Then I add liquid glue to the top and put one dimensional underneath the lower part of the brim to help give it some dimension.

6. Now take some Basic Rhinestone jewels and adhere as shown. 

7.  Layer 5 - Adhere to the inside of the card.

8.  Layer 6 - Mask off sheet except for the lower right hand corner then stamp the Sprial Dye just as you did on the hat. 
  • Stamp the sentiment using Highland Heather ink.
  • Adhere to Layer 5 on the inside of the card.

Supply list: I would love to be your Stampin Up® demonstrator.  If you'd like to purchase any of the products I used to make this card just click on the picture below and you will be redirected to my online store
Product List









 

No comments:

Post a Comment