Friday, December 25, 2020

Warm & Toasty "Train Ride" Christmas Card

This is my last Christmas Card this year and I wanted to end it with a bang!  This one was so much fun to create! I combined the following stamp sets!  Warm & Toasty, Moving Along, Merry Moose and Curvy Christmas!  One of my Christmas traditions is to take my Grandkids on the Polar Express every year!  I wanted to make a card that reminded me of all the fun we have together on the train as it moves through the mountains.  This took a little finagling of the tracks stamp but it wasn't to hard to maneuver the tracks as it is a photopolymer
Before we get started on the instructions don't forget to follow my blog by adding your email to the right!  Then you will know when I add new cards to my blog!


Card Base and Cuts - DSP = Designer Series Paper

Card Base - Merry Merlot = 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4

Card stock - Whisper White (3) 4 x 5 1/4, 2 x 5 1/2 

DSP - Classic Christmas - 2 x 6, 1/2 x 5 1/4 

Step by Step Instructions:

  1. On the first 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White piece stamp the Trees from the Curvy Christmas Stamp Set in Shaded Spruce Ink across the top.  Then set aside.
  2. Next using the Curvy Dies and the die with the dots along the top cut out a slope from the 2 x 5 1/2 Whisper White piece. 
    • Then using the train track stamp from the Moving Along stamp set, stamp the tracks just below the dots (Note: you will have to adjust your stamp as you go so that it will curve in the right places to follow the slope)
    • Adhere to the other Whisper White piece. Trim off any parts that go past the right and left edges. 
  3. On the second 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White piece stamp the following:
    • Using the Moving Along Stamp Set, stamp the detailed train engine and train cars in Black Memento ink (these are 2 step stamping stamps - I always stamp the detailed one first then I stamp the solid image over that) then stamp the solid images as follows: The Train engine in Misty Moonlight ink, the train cars in Merry Merlot ink.
    • Using the Merry Moose stamp set, stamp (2) of the presents images then color in with Stamp N Write Markers.  I used Shaded Spruce, Cherry Cobbler and Misty Moonlight
    • Using the Warm & Toasty Stamp set stamp the two mice and color with Stamp N Write Markers.  I used Misty Moonlight, Smokey Slate, Merry Merlot and Rococo Rose.  
    • Using Merry Merlot Ink and the Warm & Toasty stamp set, stamp the sentiment.  Then cut out with the Hippo and Friends smallest label die. 
    • Using Paper snips fussy cut out all the images.  I cut the Mice apart. 
    • Now adhere the images as shown on the card front.  (Note: you will have to make all the parts of the train touch to that they will all fit).  I placed the mice behind the train cars.  The presents are placed flush with the tops of the car trains. 
  4. Using the Curvy dies and the DSP turn the trees upside down, place the curvy die about an inch down from the top edge (which is upside down) and cut out.  This should cut out a piece that is curved but does not have the dots in it.  Adhere this to the piece that you just attached the train to with bottom edges flush.  Again trim off any excess on the right and left sides. 
  5. Next adhere all of it to the card front. 
  6. On the last piece of 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White using the Curvy Christmas stamp set and Merry Merlot ink stamp the sentiment in the center.  Adhere the DSP strip to the bottom edge.  Then adhere it all to the inside of the card. 

Well there we go the last Christmas Card!  I posted this one last because it has such a special meaning to me!  I hope you like it and take a crack at reproducing it.  Let me know how it goes in the comments below!

If you need any of the products I used to make this card just click on any of the pictures below and you will be redirected to my store!  Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!
Product List










 

No comments:

Post a Comment