Thursday, December 10, 2020

Simple and easy Christmas card with Ornamental Envelopes by Stampin Up®

Thanks for stopping by today!  I've been having so much fun with the Ornamental Envelopes bundle by Stampin UP®.  Even thought I am using the dies for this card it's still a pretty simple card!  For me dies just make things go a little quicker.  I don't know about you but I do not enjoy cutting out things by hand so I am always looking for an easy button with cutting!  For this card I stayed with our blue family of colors. I did a bit of stamping and then used the dies to help give some texture to the card!  Let me know what you think in the comments below!  I got this idea from a card I saw on pinterest and unfortunately have forgotten who posted it!  I added in some Basic Pearl and twine from the Flowers for Every Season ribbon combo pack to give it a little glamour!  I did a video for this card so if you want to watch it just click on the link below! 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=983123218766453&ref=watch_permalink


Here are the written instructions: 

Card Base: Night of Navy - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4

Layer 1 - Whisper White - 4 1/8 x 5 3/8

Layer 2 - Balmy Blue - 4 x 5 1/4

Layer 3 - Balmy Blue - 4 x 5 1/4

Layer 4 - Balmy Blue - 4 1/8 x 5 3/8

Layer 5 - Whisper White - 4 x 5 1/4  

Step by step instructions:

  1. Adhere Layer 1 to card front.
  2. Adhere Layer 4 to the inside of the card.
  3. Layer 2 - Using the Night of Navy ink stamp the large ornament image on the left side of the sheet towards the top.  Then using the sentiment "From our House to Yours" from the Itty Bitty Christmas Greetings stamp right below the ornaments. 
  4. Now using the large decorative die place it on the right side of Layer 2 and run through the die cutting machine. 
  5. Wrap the ribbon around the top of Layer 2 then adhere it to Layer 1 on the card front.
  6. Layer 3 - Using Night of Navy ink stamp the large ornament image twice onto the sheet. Then using the die cut out both images. (Note: you won't use all the pieces just keep some for another card)
  7. Next using Stampin Dimensionals adhere the cut out ornaments onto the stamped ornaments on Layer 1 (Note: I popped up three of the ornaments) Then adhere the four small ornaments onto the decorative cut out as shown. (I did not pop any of these up)
  8. Next apply the Pearl Jewels as shown.  I did them in the middle of each ornament and three down next to the sentiment. 
  9. Layer 5 - Using Night of Navy ink stamp the design in each corner as shown.  Then add the sentiment from the "Itty Bitty Christmas" stamp set as shown.  Adhere to Layer 4 on the insdie of the card. 

For the envelope I cut a small strip using the scalloped edge die for the envelopes and adhered it to the inside of the envelope flap. Trimmed off excess.  It does cover the part of the envelope that sticks it close so you will need to use tear and tape or some such tape to close the envelope when you mail it. 

Hope you enjoyed this card!  Please leave me a comment below!  If you need any of the supplies to make this card just click on any of the images below to go to my store!  Happy Card Making!
Product List





 

No comments:

Post a Comment