Thursday, December 24, 2020

Dove of Hope by Stampin Up with Curvy Dies

Happy to have you popping in today!  I must admit I wasn't sure how this card was going to turn out when it was an idea in my head!  I don't know about you but sometimes in my head they always look better than when I create them in person.  Not sure why that happens but it does.  So then you spend time adding or taking away to get what you had pictured in your mind and usually it will all turn out in the end.  I'm happy to report that this one actually came out the way I had it pictured in my head so I didn't have to do a lot of changes.  Let me know what you think in the comments at the end of the blog!  Also don't forget to follow me by adding you email to the right so you will know when I add new cards to my blog!

For this card I combined the Dove of Hope Bundle the Curvy Christmas Stamp set and Curvy dies. I also brought in some of the Brushed Metallic sheets which I love and I'm going to show you how to get more use out of one piece.  Ok so here we go:

Card Base and Cuts - DSP = Designer Series Paper.

Card Base: Cherry Cobbler 5 ½ x 8 ½ scored at 4 ¼

Card Stock: WW – 3 ¾ x 5, 4 x 5 ¼, 3 x 5 1/2 , Shaded Spruce 1 x 2

DSP: Classic Christmas (155969) 2 x 6, 3 x 6

Specialty Paper: Bronze Brushed Metallic CS (153524)

Step by Step Instructions:

1.       Using the Detailed Dove Dies and the Bronze Brushed Metallic CS cut out the Dove’s body and 2 detailed wings from the CENTER of the sheet.  NOTE:  You must leave an edge as this is the matte on the card front******* (This is a great way to save on the metallic or foil sheets - if I'm using them for mattes I will usually use my Stitched rectangle dies and cut out the center before using it as a Matte.)

2.       Now cut out the solid wings and tail from the 3 x 5 ½ Whisper White piece. Adhere Metallic Dove  pieces to these as shown.

3.       Cut out the sprig branch from the 1 x 2 Shaded Spruce piece. Set Aside.  

4.       Adhere the Bronze Brushed Metallic piece (that you cut out the dove from) to the card front.

5.       On the 3 ¾ x 5 Whisper White piece using the Curvy Christmas Stamp set stamp the sentiment on the bottom center edge using Cherry Cobbler Ink.

 6.  Using the Curvy Dies and the Classic Christmas DSP cut out the curved shapes for the front of the card.  NOTE: On the Crumb cake design cut the top piece first from the bottom of the crumb cake piece (this will leave the curved edge for your  other piece)  Then move the die to the top of the piece with the curved edge on the bottom and cut again. 

7.      Adhere the curved pieces to the front of the card placing the top piece first then the Cherry Cobbler piece then the piece with the curved edge on the bottom. (Note: they will be longer than your Whisper White piece and you will need to trim them once you have them all where you want them)

8.       Assemble the Dove on the card front with one Wing behind the Dove’s body and one in Front.  Place Shaded Spruce Twig just under the Dove’s beak.  Then adhere the Linen Thread Bow as shown.

9.        Using the Dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin Blend color in the Rhinestone. 

10.       Adhere Rhinestone to the bow as shown.  

11.       On the last Whisper White piece Stamp the sentiment in the center using Cherry Cobbler ink then stamp the dove image in the bottom right hand corner using Crumb Cake ink. Adhere to the inside of the card.


      I really think that the Curvy Dies helped to make this card go together and I love the Dove!  Think about all the beautiful cards you can make with both of these bundles!  The Curvy Dies is part of the Quite Curvy Bundle and the Curvy Christmas is an add on.  I hope you will try this one it goes together really fast!  Don't forget to drop me a line below in the comments. 
      
     If you need any of the bundles or products to re-create this card just click on any of the images below and you will be redirected to my store!  If your new to card making and need help with what you need to get started drop me a line at juliescreativestampin@gmail.com.
Product List





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment