Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Quick and Easy Christmas Card "Wrapped In Christmas"



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  I was inspired for the design on this card by a card I saw on Esty by Richard Thomas.  He used Gold foil and the Diamonds embossing folder.  When I saw it I immediately though of our Balmy Blue Glitter paper and redid it using a few different items.  I used the "Wrapped In Christmas" and "Christmas Mean More" Stamp sets all by Stampin UP®.  Instead of the Diamonds Embossing Folder I used the "Winter Snow" embossing folder.  Add in the "Pine Woods Dies" and your ready! I also used the Balmy Blue Stampin Blends and colored in the Snowflake Splendor Ribbon.  

I hope you like this version of the card!  Please don't forget to leave me a comment below!  Also please follow me by adding your email to the right so that you will be notified each time I post a new card on my blog!


Instructions & Cuts:

Card Base - Thick Very Vanilla 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2

Layer 1 - Very Vanilla - 4 x 5 1/4

Layer 2 - Very Vanilla - 3 x 4 & Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper - 2 3/4 x 3 3/4 

Layer 3 - Very Vanilla - 1 x 5

Instructions:

  1. Layer 1 - Using the Winter Snow Embossing folder fun through the die cut machine then adhere to the front of the card. 
  2. Layer 2 - Using the Pine Wood dies cut out the detailed tree from the center of this piece.  Then cut out with the Stitched so Sweetly Dies.
    • Adhere the Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper to the back side. 
    • Pop up onto Layer 1 in the bottom right corner about 1/4" from right edge using Stampin Dimensionals.
    • Apply three of the Blue Adhesive backed gems as shown. 
  3. Layer 3 - Stamp the sentiment from the "Wrapped In Christmas" stamp set in Balmy Blue ink then trim the ends into a banner.  Adhere to the card front as shown using Mini Glue dots and push ends in so that the banner curves up!
  4. Using the Dark Balmy Blue stampin blend color in the Snowflake ribbon then tie a bow and apply with a glue dot to the upper left corner of Layer 1. 
  5. For the inside I stamped the sentiment from "Christmas Means More" stamp set in Balmy Blue


As you can see a few steps and you have a completed card!  Hope you like it!  

I'd love to be your Stampin Up demonstrator if you don't already have one!  I do lives every Tuesday at 7pm (MTD) on Facebook at Julie's Creative Stampin.  I'd love for you to join me!

If you need any of the supplies to recreate this card just click on any of images below to be directed to my store!  

Product List

 

No comments:

Post a Comment