Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Hand-Drawn Blooms Water Color "Birthday Card"

This card could be considered a simple stamping card even though I used the Water color pencils and Water Painters by Stampin Up!®  I used the Hand-Drawn Blooms and the Bloom & Grow stamp sets for this card.  It's a simple card to do but the final product looks great.  I've had fun creating cards with this stamp set and the bundle as well.  Watch for the cards I designed using the dies.  I used the masking technique again for the sentiments.  I hope you enjoy this card.  Don't forget to leave me a comment below and let me know what you think!  I'd love to hear from you!

Click on the link below to go to the video I did for this card and 2 other simple stamping cards!

https://www.facebook.com/StampinJulieBrown/videos/2689866074589827


I've also included written instructions below:


PROJECT INSTRUCTIONS

Cuts and Card Base.

Card Base - Balmy Blue - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4

Layer 1 - Whisper White - 4 x 5 1/4

Layer 2 - Whisper White - 4 x 5 1/4

Layer 1 - Stamp the Flower image from "Hand-Drawn Blooms" in Staz on ink in the center of sheet.

Color in flowers and stems with Water Color pencils (I used Balmy Blue, Granny Apple Green and Flirty Flamingo from the Watercolor pencils assortment 2)

Then use the water painters to blend in what you just colored.

Stamp the sentiments on each side as shown.  You will need to use the masking technique (see video) using Balmy Blue ink.

Adhere to the front of the card.

Layer 2 - Stamp the sentiment from the "Bloom and Grow" stamp set in Balmy Blue as shown.

Stamp the small flowers from the Hand-Drawn Blooms stamp set as shown.  Then color in with the flirty flamingo watercolor pencil and blend with water painter.

Adhere to the inside of the card.


Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog!  Creating makes me happy and I love to share what I do!

If you need any supplies to create this card, just click on any of the pictures below:

Product List











No comments:

Post a Comment