Thursday, March 11, 2021

Sketches and Pretty Perennials

 


So glad you popped in today to see what I've been up too!   Yesterday I posted a card that I did using a sketch!  I wanted to show you the versatility of using a sketch so today's card is another version of the same sketch using a completely different Bundle by Stampin UP®


For this card I used the Pretty Perennials Bundle and the Approaching Perfection stamp set (Sale A Bration item).  This bundle includes the Pretty Perennials stamp set and the Perennial Petals Dies.  

I used a Thick Basic White card base, Night of Navy, Soft Sea Foam and Basic White card stock, Paper Blooms Designer Series Paper (Sale A Bration) and the Neutrals Designer Series Paper

First I adhered the Paper Blooms DSP to the card front.  Then added the Neutrals DSP to the center of the card front as shown.

Next I used the Banners Pick a Punch to punch the right edge of the Basic White Strip into a banner. Then I stamped the sentiment using Night of Navy ink placing it towards the right side of the strip. 

Using the Pretty Perennials Stamp set I stamped three of the medium flowers in Rococo Rose ink and the word "happy" in Night of Navy ink onto the Basic White cardstock.   I used the Perennial Petals Dies to cut out the flowers and fussy cut out the word.  Next using the Perennial Petals Dies I cut out the detailed leaves from the Soft Sea foam cardstock.

Now your ready to build your card front. I placed the banner first as shown.  Then built up the flowers and leaves.  I did pop up one of the flowers using Stampin dimensionals.  Then I placed the word "happy" at an angle in the top left corner as shown. 

Last I added some small Basic Rhinestones to the center of the flowers! 


For the inside I adhered the Night of Navy matte.  On the Basic White cardstock I stamped the small flowers in Rococo Rose ink the lower right hand corner.  Stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy ink then adhered to the Night of Navy Matte. 

I hope that this card and yesterdays card really show you how you can use a sketch with different Stamp set and bundles to create a completely different card!  Sketches are great to help you if your struggling with a design.  I often use them when I'm having a creative block.  Once I get started then my creativity will kick in and I'm again off an running with designing cards!  

You can find all kinds of card sketches on Pinterest!

Please note that I did use several of the Sale A Bration items on this card.  Sale A Bration ended at the end of February so if you did not get these items during Sale A Bration you will need to substitute it for something you have on hand!  

Thanks again for stopping by my blog today.  Please leave me a comment below I would love to hear from you!

Supply list and card cuts below:

Supply list: (if you need any of the supplies just click on any of the pictures below and you will be redirected to my online store)
Product List
Card Base and Card cuts:

Card Base - Thick Basic White - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
Card stock - Night of Navy - 4 x 5 1/4 (inside of card)
                    Basic White - 3 3/4 x 5 (inside of card)
                    Basic White - 3 x 4 1/2  (flowers and word)
                    Basic White - 1 x 3 (banner)
Designer Series Paper
                    Paper Blooms DSP - 4 x 5 1/4
                    Neutrals DSP - 3 1/4 x 4 1/2  






No comments:

Post a Comment