Monday, March 8, 2021

Pretty Perennials (Stamps by Stampin Up®) "Friendship"





Thanks for stopping by today!  This is a card that I did for my card class in February and it was such a hit that I thought I would share it on my blog for everyone!  As you know I use Stampin Up® products for all of my cards.  This card is made using the Pretty Perennials Bundle which includes the Pretty Perennials stamps set and the Perennial Petals Dies.  For those of you unfamiliar with what a bundle is, it's when Stampin Up® coordinated a Stamp set with either a die set or punch.  I love bundles but if you know me well you know that I love an "Easy" button and that is what bundles are for me!

For this card I did use one of the Sale A Bration Designer Series Paper "Flower and Field" but if you were not able to get this free paper during Sale A Bration you can use any DSP that you have on hand!  I also brought in the Ornate Frame Dies for the sentiment frame on the card front. 

Lets put it together:  First I used Thick Basic White as my card base.  Then I adhered a piece of Granny Apple Green card stock to the card front.  Next I layered the Flower and Field DSP onto the card front.  

Now you need to do some stamping.  I used Pool Party ink and stamped 2 large flowers, 2 medium flowers and three small flowers onto one of the 4 x 5 1/4  Basic White pieces.  Then stamp the leaves using Granny Apple Green ink. (For the leaves you will be doing 2 step stamping and 2nd generation stamping.)  First stamp the detailed leaves in Granny Apple Green, then stamp the solid image over the first image BUT you will stamp off onto a piece of scrap paper before stamping over the detailed image.  This will make it a slightly lighter color.  Cut out using the Perennial Petals dies. 

 On the 3 3/4 x 5 Basic White piece you will want to position the following dies, first the Ornate Frame die, then you will be cutting out 2 of the large detailed flowers and 2 of the medium detailed flowers from the Perennial Petals dies.    

On the Ornate Frame die cut, using Black Memento ink stamp the sentiment positioning it towards the right side then you will want to cut off the left edge so that it will fit under the flowers on the card front. 

Now your ready to build the flowers on the card front.  Place the Ornate frame first as shown.  Adhere the Detailed flower dies to the stamped flowers.  Then start to build them starting in the upper left corner angling down toward the right lower corner.  I did pop up One large flower and one medium flower.  I placed the leaves under the popped up flowers.  


Adhere the Matte Black dots to the flowers as shown. 


For the inside of the card.  I adhered a Basic Black Matte then stamped a large flower in the lower right hand corner in Pool Party Ink.  Stamp the sentiment in Black memento in on the center as shown.  Don't you just love that big "happy".  Adhere to the matte.  

What a fun card!  I hope you try this one out and don't forget to leave me a comment below and let me know what you think.  Below you will find a list of supplies and cuts for the card. 

Thanks again for popping in and I hope you are enjoying my cards!

Supply List: (Don't forget if you need any supplies just click on the picture below)
Product List
Cuts:
Card Base Thick Base White - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
Card Stock: Granny Apple Green - 4 1/8 x 5 3/8
                    Basic White - (2) 4 x 5 1/4
                    Basic White - 3 3/4 x 5
                    Basic Black - 4 1/8 x 5 3/8
Designer Series Paper - Flower & Field DSP - 4 x 5 1/4 

  



No comments:

Post a Comment