Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Brushed Blooms "Birthday" plus


Glad your stopping by today!  Today I am working with the Brushed Blooms Bundle by Stampin Up®.
I'm loving the cards that I'm getting from this bundle!  The bundle includes the Brushed Blooms stamps set and the Beautiful Brushstrokes Dies.  I have to admit when I saw these dies I wasn't sure how I would use them or even if I liked them.  This just goes to show that sometimes you have to play with a set to see what it can do!  I'm now in love with it!  Of course I shouldn't be surprised because Stampin Up® has great designers! 

Ok for this card I used a Basic Black card base, Basic White card stock and three sheets from the Oh So Ombre (Sale A Bration) Designer Series Paper.  Note: If you were not able to get this paper during Sale A Bration then I would probably do a watercolor paper with Granny Apple Green ink to create the same effect for the card front and just use different shades of the Stampin Up® pinks and purples card stock for the flowers.   I also used the Happy Thoughts stamp set for the inside sentiment! 

Lets get started.  First using the Beautiful Brushstrokes large die run it through the Stampin Die Cut machine on one of the Basic White pieces (VERY IMPORTANT - Save the pieces that come out of the frame I will be posting another card on March 15th  Demonstrator Training Program March Blog Hop that uses these pieces).  Now adhere the Granny Apple Green "Oh So Ombre" sheet to the backside of this piece.  Adhere them both to the card front.

Stamp Sentiment using Black Memento ink centering on bottom edge.  Then using Granny Apple Green stamp the dot images stamping off after the first time so that you get the same Ombre look. 

Next using the Beautiful Brushstrokes Flower dies and the Rococo Rose and Blackberry Bliss "Oh So Ombre" sheets cut out a set of large and small flowers from each sheet.  Make sure to position the dies so that the Outline die is on the darkest section then go up with the detailed flower dies so that they will be lighter in color. Once you have them cut out then build each flower using the outline die as your base then adding detailed dies.  Using liquid glue apply flowers to card front as shown. (Note: I did slightly tuck a small edge under each cutout section. 

Color in some Basic Rhinestone with the Dark Granny Apple Green Stampin Blend then apply to card front as desired. 


For the inside using the large brushstroke stamp image, stamp full ink in Granny Apple Green then right underneath stamp again and once again without reinking between the first, second and third image. Again that is how you get the ombre look. Then using Black Memento ink and the Happy Thoughts Stamp set, stamp the "Happy Birthday" sentiment over the top of the Ombre images.  Adhere to the inside of the card and your are done!

I hope you enjoyed this card!  Please don't forget to leave me a comment below!  Also if you'd like to be notified each time I add a card to this blog just add your email to the right in the "Follow Me" section!

Don't forget to come back on March 15th and check out the card I made using the extra pieces from the large die cutout!  It will be part of a Demonstrator Training Blog Hop with Demonstrators from around the world!   

Supply list and card cuts below:

Supply list (If you need any of these supplies I'd love to be your Stampin Up® demonstrator just click on any of the pictures below and you will be directed to my online store)
Product List
Card base and cuts:
Card Base - Basic Black - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
Card Stock - Basic White - (2) 4 x 5 1/4
Designer Series Paper - 
Oh So Ombre - (1) Granny Apple Green Ombre (cut down to fit backside of Basic White piece.)
                          (1) Rococo Rose Ombre (Flowers)
                          (1) Blackberry Bliss (Flowers)


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment