Sunday, March 7, 2021

Kangaroo & Company "Birthday"


Welcome to my blog!  I hope I can inspire you in some way to create some fun cards for the kids in your life!  I don't know about you but I have several kids in my life that I love to create and design special cards for.  The Kangaroo & Company Bundle which includes the Kangaroo & Company Stamp Set and the Kangaroo Dies, is perfect for creating fun cards that they will love!  I did bring in the Happy Thoughts stamp set as well for the sentiment on the inside.  

This set is also great for baby shower cards, thank you cards and just note to let someone know you are thinking of them.  

For this card I used one of the Sale A Bration Designer Series paper "Paper Blooms" but any Designer Series Paper would work.  I also used the Subtles Designer Series Paper.  

I want to point out the small sentiment label on the card front!  This is one of the dies in the set.  It is so cute!  Also when you cut out the large Kangaroo with the dies it cuts the slit for the pocket so that you can slide some of the other images into it easily.  Such a cute set!

First I adhered the Paper Blooms DSP to the card front.  Next I tied the twine around the upper left corner of the Subtles DSP.  This can be tricky but I used glue dots on the back to hold the twine as I wrapped it so I could easily tie the bow.  Apply it to the card front flush with the left side of the Paper Blooms DSP.  

Next I stamped all the images in Black Memento ink onto a Basic White piece making sure to leave enough room between each image so that I could cut them out with the Kangaroo Dies.  I also stamped the sentiment on this sheet using Night of Navy Ink.  Before I cut them out I colored in the images with Stampin Blends.  See the supply list below for a list of colors used.  

Then cut them out and adhere them to the card front as shown.  I did pop up the large Kangaroo using Stampin Dimensionls.  Matte the Sentiment label with the Night of Navy piece before adding it to the card front.  

Using the Night of Navy Stampin Blends color in some Basic Rhinestones then adhere to the card front as shown.  


For the inside of the card I used a sentiment from the Happy Thoughts Stamp set, and stamped it as shown in Night of Navy ink.  Then using the Kangaroo & Company set I stamped the presents in the lower right hand corner and colored in with Stampin Blends.  (Note: Because Stampin Blends bleed through when blending make sure you color in before adhere this sheet to the inside of the card)

A list of supplies and the card cuts will be listed below!

I hope you enjoyed this card!  Please leave me a comment below and let me know what you think!  I love to hear from all of you!  

Supply list: (If you need any supplies just click on any of the pictures below)
Product List
Card base and other cuts:
Card Base - Night of Navy - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
Card stock -  Basic White - (2) 4 x 5 1/4
                     Night of Navy - 3/4 x 1 1/8 (Matte)
Designer Series Paper
                    Paper Blooms - 4 x 5 1/4
                    Subtles DSP - 3 1/4 x 4 1/2 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment