Friday, April 9, 2021

Shading with a single color of stamp pads! In Bloom by Stampin Up®

I don't know about you but I am ready for Spring!  Here in Farmington NM.  The weather has been pretty chilly.  This week we finally go above 50 during the day and it looks like we are on the way to some warmth!  

So I designed this card because I was ready for some springtime colors!  I used the In Bloom Bundle by Stampin UP®.

  I used the stamps to design my own Designer Series Paper.  I think we sometimes forget how well our stamps sets can create beautiful Designer Series Paper!  I get a little lazy with all the great Designer Series Paper that Stampin Up® has to offer and don't design as much as I can.  But that is me I am all about the "Easy Button".  

I wanted to show you all a way of using single color stamps pads and creating a shaded look!  This techniques is called second generation stamping!  It looks like you've used two different colors to get this effect but no it's only one color! 

This bundle has some fantastic dies that have embossed stitching on them!  This makes the flowers really pop!

Below you will find a link to a video I did on Facebook and then transferred to my You Tube account.  Note:  I do a Facebook live every Tuesday at 7pm (MTD).  My Facebook page is Julie's Creative Stampin!  Join me sometime!  I will also list the Card cuts and products used below as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCWJ0-7c5WI

I would love you to follow me so that you can get my blog updates as they post.  Just add you email to the right under the "Follow Me" section!


Product List


Card cuts:

Card Base - Daffodil Delight - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4

Card stock: Granny Apple Green - 4 1/8 x 5 3/8, 3 x 4

                    Gorgeous Grape - 2 3/4 x 4, 1 x 3 

                    Flirty Flamingo - 2 x 3

                    Daffodil Delight - 2 x 3

                    White - (2) 4 x 5 1/4, 3 x 4

Thanks again for stopping by and don't forget to leave me a comment below!  I'd love to hear from you!

                    






 

No comments:

Post a Comment